- of or relating to the region of Galloway, Scotland.
- a native or inhabitant of Galloway.
Origin of Galwegian
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for galwegian
On our return to the hotel I met the Galwegian strolling about.
This tallies with what I heard at Gweedore from my Galwegian acquaintance.
I should not wonder if the Galwegian was too strong after all.'The Young Step-Mother
Charlotte M. Yonge
The Galwegian John o' the Scales was a more clever fellow than his prototype.Guy Mannering, or The Astrologer, Complete, Illustrated
Sir Walter Scott
My Galwegian thought this reasonable, because in this region the rent, it appears, is only collected once a year.
- another word for Gallovidian (def. 1)
- a native or inhabitant of the town or county of Galway in W Republic of Ireland
- another word for Gallovidian (def. 2)
C18: influenced by Norway, Norwegian
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012