- of or relating to geometry or to the principles of geometry.
- resembling or employing the simple rectilinear or curvilinear lines or figures used in geometry.
- of or relating to painting, sculpture, or ornamentation of predominantly geometric characteristics.
- (often initial capital letter) Fine Arts.
- pertaining to or designating a style of vase painting developed in Greece between the 10th and 8th centuries b.c., characterized chiefly by rectilinear or curvilinear shapes in abstract and human figuration, often arranged in tiers or panels around the vase.
- designating a style of Greek sculpture of approximately the same period, exemplified chiefly in small figurines or reliefs having a schematic and generalized treatment of the human form.
- a geometric pattern, design, etc.: an ornate and handsome geometric.
Origin of geometric
Examples from the Web for geometric
The pieces created a slight camouflage, utilizing lace, geometric patterns, and flowers to create an ultra light fabric.Valentino, Chanel, and Alexander McQueen at Paris Fashion Week
March 4, 2014
Geometric forms line the wall and fill the room with a subtle scent of pine – hinting at the name.Remembering Mike Kelley
October 12, 2013
For this ensemble, Britney matched silky black pants with an artful, geometric corset.Britney Spears's 10 Looks in "Work Bitch"
October 2, 2013
Geometric prints take over EDUN's Spring/Summer 2014 collection.NYFW Photo of the Day: Sept. 8
September 8, 2013
The video is all blacks and whites with a heaping helping of geometric shapes.From Katy Perry to Alice in Chains, the Best Music Videos of the Week
September 7, 2013
Once that point has been reached you can move in almost a geometric progression.Adaptation
Dallas McCord Reynolds
The progress of an industrial scientific culture is geometric.The Creature from Cleveland Depths
Fritz Reuter Leiber
I could prove what I state with the certainty of a geometric truth, but I have no time now.The Boy Tar
Geometric chip carving is a representative type of this group.
Choice may be made from nature, geometric pattern, or historic ornament.
- of, relating to, or following the methods and principles of geometry
- consisting of, formed by, or characterized by points, lines, curves, or surfacesa geometric figure
- (of design or ornamentation) composed predominantly of simple geometric forms, such as circles, rectangles, triangles, etc
Word Origin and History for geometric
1620s, shortened form of geometrical. As a style of ancient Greek pottery and associated culture, 1902.