- Charles3rd Baron Baltimore, 1637–1715, English colonial administrator in America: governor (1661–75) and proprietor (1675–89) of Maryland (grandson of George Calvert).
- Sir George1st Baron Baltimore, c1580–1632, British statesman: founder of the colony of Maryland.
- his sonLeonard,1606–47, first colonial governor of Maryland 1634–47.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Sir George, 1st Baron Baltimore. ?1580–1632, English statesman; founder of the colony of Maryland
- his son, Leonard. 1606–47, English statesman; first colonial governor of Maryland (1634–47)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012