- past participle of go1.
- far gone,
- much advanced; deeply involved.
- nearly exhausted; almost worn out.
- dying: The rescue party finally reached the scene of the crash, but most of the survivors were already far gone.
- gone on, Informal. infatuated with; in love with: He is still gone on the woman who jilted him.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the past participle of go 1
- ended; past
- lost; ruined (esp in the phrases gone goose or gosling)
- dead or near to death
- spent; consumed; used up
- informal faint or weak
- informal having been pregnant (for a specified time)six months gone
- (usually foll by on) slang in love (with)
- slang in an exhilarated state, as through music or the use of drugs
- gone out informal blank and without comprehension, as if stupefied in surprise
- pastit's gone midnight
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for gone on
past participle of go.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
Idioms and Phrases with gone on
The American Heritage® Idioms Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.