- Graham,1904–91, English novelist and journalist.
- Nathanael,1742–86, American Revolutionary general.
- Robert,1558–92, English dramatist and poet.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for greene
Errichetti was a foul-mouthed megalomaniac and “a crook at heart,” Greene wrote.The Real Story and Lesson of the Abscam Sting in ‘American Hustle’
December 17, 2013
Unlike Roberts's fall from a bridge, Greene had less hesitation about being tied up on train tracks.Celebrity Photographer Tyler Shields Exposes ‘The Dirty Side of Glamour’
November 6, 2013
An excellent argument against Roman Catholicism I would say, and Greene might well stare in blank incomprehension at my pages.The Thief of Words: Starling Lawrence
October 11, 2013
Greene's job is to literally cast all the feline models in the show.Kitty CATure Fashion Show, An Amazing Dog and Cat Fashion Show, Happened In New York This Weekend
September 30, 2013
In the meantime, Greene would remain remanded on Rikers Island.‘Bomb Mom’ Morgan Gliedman Arraigned in Manhattan Court
January 9, 2013
But Lee was of opinion it would lead them too far from Gen. Greene.A Sketch of the Life of Brig. Gen. Francis Marion
William Dobein James
Greene proved himself to be a military genius second only to Washington.The Siege of Boston
Pyramus and Thisbe was also issued with Greene's Arbasto in 1617.
Are you aware, Mr. Greene, that this island is not in the county of Adieno?Breaking Away
At the corner of Grand and Greene avenues we thought it well to ask our way.Pipefuls
- Graham. 1904–91, English novelist and dramatist; his works include the novels Brighton Rock (1938), The Power and the Glory (1940), The End of the Affair (1951), and Our Man in Havana (1958), and the film script The Third Man (1949)
- Robert. ?1558–92, English poet, dramatist, and prose writer, noted for his autobiographical tract A Groatsworth of Wit bought with a Million of Repentance (1592), which contains an attack on Shakespeare
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012