- Geology. the angle between a fault plane and the vertical, measured perpendicular to the strike of the fault; complement of the dip.
- Mining. the inclination of a vein or seam from the vertical.
- (of a fault, vein, or seam) to incline from a vertical position.
Origin of hade
- the angle made to the vertical by the plane of a fault or vein
- obsolete (intr) (of faults or veins) to incline from the vertical
Word Origin and History for haded
Old English had "person, individual, character, individuality; condition, state, nature; sex, race, family, tribe;" see -hood. Obsolete after 14c. Cognate with Old Saxon hed "condition, rank, Old Norse heiðr "honor, dignity," Old High German heit, Gothic haidus "way, manner."