Try Our Apps


The Best Internet Slang

Haidinger fringes

[hahy-ding-er] /ˈhaɪ dɪŋ ər/
plural noun, Optics.
interference fringes produced by light passing through thick glass plates at near-normal incidence.
Origin of Haidinger fringes
named after Wilhelm Karl von Haidinger (1795-1871), Austrian mineralogist Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2017.
Cite This Source

Word of the Day

Difficulty index for Haidinger fringes

Few English speakers likely know this word

Word Value for Haidinger

Scrabble Words With Friends

Nearby words for haidinger fringes