- a periodical published once a month.
- Sometimes monthlies. Informal. a menstrual period.
Origin of monthly
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- occurring, done, appearing, payable, etc, once every month
- lasting or valid for a montha monthly subscription
- once a month
- a book, periodical, magazine, etc, published once a month
- informal a menstrual period
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for half-monthly
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper