- having reduced or deficient hearing ability; hard-of-hearing: special programs for hearing-impaired persons.
- (used with a plural verb) hearing-impaired persons collectively (usually preceded by the).
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Having a diminished or defective sense of hearing, but not deaf; hard of hearing.
- Completely incapable of hearing; deaf.
- Persons who are deficient in hearing or are deaf.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.