- of, having, or pertaining to more than one color.
- having a pattern of mixed colors.
- Genetics. of or relating to heterochromatin.
Origin of heterochromatic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of or involving many different colours
- physics consisting of or concerned with different frequencies or wavelengths
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Of or relating to heterochromatin.
- Of or characterized by different colors; varicolored.
- Consisting of different wavelengths or frequencies.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.