- to snub or treat condescendingly.
- snobbish; disdainful; haughty.
Origin of high-hat
First recorded in 1915–20; v., adj. use of high hat
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- informal snobbish and arrogant
- informal, mainly US and Canadian to treat in a snobbish or offhand way
- informal a snobbish person
- two facing brass cymbals triggered by means of a foot pedal
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012