- characterized by or causing high blood pressure.
- a person who has high blood pressure.
Origin of hypertensive
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Of or characterized by abnormally increased blood pressure.
- Causing an increase in blood pressure.
- A person having or susceptible to high blood pressure.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.