[in-kom-per-uh-buh l, -pruh-buh l]
- beyond comparison; matchless or unequaled: incomparable beauty.
- not comparable; incapable of being compared to each other, as two unlike objects or qualities, or to one or more others.
Origin of incomparable
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. peerless, unrivaled, inimitable.
1. ordinary, mediocre.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- beyond or above comparison; matchless; unequalled
- lacking a basis for comparison; not having qualities or features that can be compared
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for incomparability
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper