- without due regard for the rights or feelings of others: It was inconsiderate of him to keep us waiting.
- acting without consideration; thoughtless; heedless.
- overhasty; rash; ill-considered: slovenly, inconsiderate reasoning.
Origin of inconsiderate
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. insensitive, uncaring, rude.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for inconsiderateness
His inconsiderateness has been a pair of spectacles to me for months.
If they do it inadvertently, it is carelessness; if designedly, inconsiderateness.De Officiis
Marcus Tullius Cicero
That they be done in prudence, and not with folly, rashness, or inconsiderateness.A Christian Directory (Part 2 of 4)
Their inconsiderateness, their indifference to the comfort of their passengers.John Marvel, Assistant
Thomas Nelson Page
Her dearest friends, her own brother were prodigies of inconsiderateness.Peggy Raymond's Vacation
Harriet L. (Harriet Lummis) Smith
- lacking in care or thought for others; heedless; thoughtless
- rare insufficiently considered
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for inconsiderateness
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper