- without due regard for the rights or feelings of others: It was inconsiderate of him to keep us waiting.
- acting without consideration; thoughtless; heedless.
- overhasty; rash; ill-considered: slovenly, inconsiderate reasoning.
Origin of inconsiderate
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. insensitive, uncaring, rude.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for inconsiderateness
His inconsiderateness has been a pair of spectacles to me for months.
If they do it inadvertently, it is carelessness; if designedly, inconsiderateness.De Officiis
Marcus Tullius Cicero
That they be done in prudence, and not with folly, rashness, or inconsiderateness.A Christian Directory (Part 2 of 4)
Their inconsiderateness, their indifference to the comfort of their passengers.John Marvel, Assistant
Thomas Nelson Page
Her dearest friends, her own brother were prodigies of inconsiderateness.Peggy Raymond's Vacation</p>
Harriet L. (Harriet Lummis) Smith
- lacking in care or thought for others; heedless; thoughtless
- rare insufficiently considered
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for inconsiderateness
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper