- a substance, as a hormone, that is secreted internally.
- the process of such secretion.
Origin of incretion
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- direct secretion into the bloodstream, esp of a hormone from an endocrine gland
- the substance so secreted
C20: from in- ² + (se) cretion
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- The process of internal secretion characteristic of endocrine glands.
- The product of this process; a hormone.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.