- occurring at constant temperature.
- pertaining to an isotherm.
- Meteorology. an isotherm.
Origin of isothermal
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (of a process or change) taking place at constant temperature
- of or relating to an isotherm
- another word for isotherm
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for isothermic
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Of, relating to, or indicating equal or constant temperatures.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Relating to or indicating equal or constant temperatures.
- Relating to a process, usually changes of pressure and volume, occurring at a constant temperature and following Boyle's Law.
- Relating to an isotherm.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.