[pur-shing or for 2, -zhing]
- John JosephBlackjack, 1860–1948, U.S. general: commander of the American Expeditionary Forces in World War I.
- a 46-ton (42 metric tons) U.S. heavy tank of 1944–52, with a five-man crew and a 90mm gun.
- a two-stage surface-to-surface ballistic missile.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- John Joseph, nickname Black Jack. 1860–1948, US general. He was commander in chief of the American Expeditionary Force in Europe (1917–19)
- a US ballistic missile capable of carrying a nuclear or conventional warhead
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012