- of the nature of junk; trashy.
Origin of junky1
Origin of junky2
- a drug addict, especially one addicted to heroin.
- a person with an insatiable craving for something: a chocolate junkie.
- an enthusiastic follower; fan; devotee: a baseball junkie.
Origin of junkie
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for junky
More than anything else, Junky reads like a field guide to the American underworld.
Junky—as his novel is now known—combines all these interests.
An economy undermined by junky debt (Greek, rather than subprime) that threatened to prove contagious.Will Stocks Dive Again?
May 11, 2010
- an informal word for a drug addict, esp one who injects heroin into himself
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for junky
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper