- a glove made of kid leather.
- handle with kid gloves, to treat with extreme tact or gentleness: He's upset, so handle him with kid gloves today.
Origin of kid glove
First recorded in 1705–15
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a glove made of kidskin
- handle with kid gloves to treat with great tact or caution
- overdelicate or overrefined
- diplomatic; tactfula kidglove approach
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Idioms and Phrases with kid gloves
The American Heritage® Idioms Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.