- a glove made of kid leather.
- handle with kid gloves, to treat with extreme tact or gentleness: He's upset, so handle him with kid gloves today.
Origin of kid glove
First recorded in 1705–15
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for kid glove
Now, I wonder what that kid-glove crook has against the boy!The Long Chance
Peter B. Kyne
Life, as her brother had prophesied, was no kid-glove affair.
He was a little too high-handed in his smooth, kid-glove way.
He owns entire the manufactory of the celebrated Alexandre kid-glove.Great Fortunes, and How They Were Made</p>
James D. McCabe, Jr.
No wonder he wrote bitter words of the kid-glove geographers, who criticized him, and the press that jeered at him.Stanley's Adventures in the Wilds of Africa</p>
Joel Tyler Headley and William Fletcher Johnson
- a glove made of kidskin
- handle with kid gloves to treat with great tact or caution
- overdelicate or overrefined
- diplomatic; tactfula kidglove approach
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012