- Charles,1819–75, English clergyman, novelist, and poet.
- Sidney,1906–1995, U.S. playwright.
- a male given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for kingsley
The first faux-Fleming assignments went to writers such as Kingsley Amis (writing as “Robert Markham”) and John Gardner.James Bond is Back But is He Any Good without Fleming?
October 5, 2013
LUCKY JIM By Kingsley Amis Kingsley Amis's first and best novel, and one of the founding books of the genre.
THE RACHEL PAPERS By Martin Amis What's a Kingsley without a Martin?
Sam Munson salutes Kingsley Amis, Richard Russo, and other classic collegiate novels.
Ferris was a fictional David Sedaris, a sober Kingsley Amis.Then We Came to Book Two
January 28, 2010
Why, I thought you told me a few minutes ago she was in love with Kingsley.
But, I say, Kingsley, what light is that shining through there?
Even as boys, we want to be "a man," though Kingsley was a "Parson Lot."A Labrador Doctor</p>
Wilfred Thomason Grenfell
Old Doctor Kingsley played the bass viol so it was soul stirrin' too.Old Rail Fence Corners
There we saw the castle where Kingsley's Rose of Devon was imprisoned.Ranching, Sport and Travel
- Sir Ben. born 1943, British actor. He won an Oscar for his performance in the title role of the film Gandhi (1982); his later films include Schindler's List (1993) and Sexy Beast (2000)
- Charles. 1819–75, British clergyman and author. His works include the historical romances Westward Ho! (1855) and Hereward the Wake (1866) and the children's story The Water Babies (1863)
- his brother, Henry . 1830–76, British novelist, editor, and journalist, who spent some time in Australia. His works include Ravenshoe (1861) and the Anglo-Australian novels The Recollections of Geoffrey Hamlyn (1859) and The Hillyars and the Burtons (1865)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012