He was member for Kingston-upon-Hull for nearly twenty years, and was buried at last at the expense of his constituents.
The traders and inhabitants generally moved to Kingston-upon-Hull and other towns, as the sea forced them to seek safer quarters.
The charter also granted that the above places with the town itself should become the county of the town of Kingston-upon-Hull.
Kingston-upon-Hull became one of the great commercial towns of the kingdom.
In the year 1298, he obtained sole possession of the port and lands of Wyke, afterwards known as Kingston-upon-Hull.
The following ordinances were in force at Kingston-upon-Hull about 1450, and point their own moral.
In 1832 he was elected one of the Liberal members for Kingston-upon-Hull, but he lost his seat at the next election in 1834.