- (of a molecule) having a configuration resembling the levorotatory isomer of glyceraldehyde: printed as a small capital, roman character (distinguished from d-).
- levorotatory; levo- (distinguished from d-).
- Chemistry. levo-.
- U.S. Military. (in designations of light aircraft) liaison: L-15.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Relating to the configuration of l-glyceraldehyde, a compound chosen as the basis for stereochemical nomenclature because it is the simplest carbohydrate that can form optical isomers:l-lactic acid.
- To the left; levo:l-lactic acid.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.