- Al·bert [al-ber] /alˈbɛr/, 1871–1950, president of France 1932–40.
- Also Le Brun. Charles [sharl] /ʃarl/, 1619–90, French painter.
- Mme. Vigée-. Vigée-Lebrun, Marie Anne Elisabeth.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for lebrun
General Lebrun was said to be there, closeted with the mayor.The Downfall
But of all the puzzles of this time Lebrun is perhaps the chief.
On 9th December Lebrun sent off an important despatch to Chauvelin.
Lebrun called attention to the fact as if it were remarkable.The Life of Napoleon Bonaparte
William Milligan Sloane
It was while at Vaux that Lebrun had more time for his own composition.The Tapestry Book
Helen Churchill Candee
- Albert (albɛr). 1871–1950, French statesman; president (1932–40)
- Also: Le Brun Charles (ʃarl). 1619–90, French historical painter. He was court painter to Louis XIV and executed much of the decoration of the palace of Versailles
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012