- Sometimes Disparaging. an intellectual.
- a person, often gifted, who is very interested in or devoted to the arts, especially a performer, composer, or lover of classical music.
- a person having long hair, especially a hippie.
- a cat having long fur.
- having long hair: a longhair cat.
- of or characteristic of longhairs or their tastes.
Origin of longhair
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Word Origin and History for longhair
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper