- infested with lice.
- mean or contemptible: That was a lousy thing to do.
- wretchedly bad; miserable: a lousy job; I feel lousy.
- lousy with, Slang. well supplied with or filled with, often to excess: Our city is lousy with bad drivers. I wish I were lousy with money like my boss.
Origin of lousy
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
2a. shabby, nasty, crummy.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for lousiness
Thus, we have Pediculid (the source of lousiness), Philopterid, and Liotheid.Parasites
T. Spencer Cobbold
I had not known a bath during all the time I was on the Somme and lousiness was part and parcel of my make-up.S.O.S. Stand to!
Pediculosis: a state of lousiness, or the abnormal condition caused by the multiplication of lice on the body: sec phthiriasis.Explanation of Terms Used in Entomology
John. B. Smith
- slang very mean or unpleasanta lousy thing to do
- slang inferior or badthis is a lousy film
- infested with lice
- (foll by with) slang
- provided with an excessive amount (of)he's lousy with money
- full of or teeming with
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for lousiness
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper