[dahr-bley; French dar-bley]
- Madame Frances. Burney, Frances.
- Charles,1726–1814, English organist, composer, and music historian.
- his daughterFrances or FannyMadame D'Arblay, 1752–1840, English novelist and diarist.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Charles . 1726–1814, English composer and music historian, whose books include A General History of Music (1776–89)
- his daughter, Frances . known as Fanny; married name Madame D'Arblay . 1752–1840, English novelist and diarist: author of Evelina (1778). Her Diaries and Letters (1768–1840) are of historical interest
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012