- having, caused by, or like the mange.
- contemptible; mean: a mangy trick.
- squalid; shabby: a mangy little suburb.
Origin of mangy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for mangey
It was one of those little one-ring affairs, you know, with a mangey camel, and a moth-eaten lion and a troop of trained dogs.Quarter-Back Bates
Ralph Henry Barbour
Of course, the mangey creature—ceasing the while from its perennial self-scratching—will hoot something derogatory.Pickwickian Studies
- a variant spelling of mangy
- having or caused by mangea mangy dog
- scruffy or shabbya mangy carpet
- Irish informal stingy or miserlya mangy reward
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for mangey
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper