- a set or system of methods, principles, and rules for regulating a given discipline, as in the arts or sciences.
- the underlying principles and rules of organization of a philosophical system or inquiry procedure.
- the study of the principles underlying the organization of the various sciences and the conduct of scientific inquiry.
- Education. a branch of pedagogics dealing with analysis and evaluation of subjects to be taught and of the methods of teaching them.
Origin of methodology
Examples from the Web for methodology
Geisbert was also quick to mention how the methodology of the study could be affecting the current results.Uh Oh: Ebola Vaccine Trials Stop
December 19, 2014
The UN methodology affords its team a little more flexibility.ISIS Fighters Are Killing Faster than Statisticians Can Count
December 5, 2014
Alt cert critics often argue that there are flaws in the methodology of some of these studies.Stop Scapegoating Teach for America
Conor P. Williams
September 24, 2014
Read our methodology below to see how we came up with our list.Interactive: Hollywood’s 50 Greatest Producers of All Time
Brandy Zadrozny, Rachel Bronstein
March 1, 2014
Melissa Cheyney, chief author of the pro-home-birth MANA study, calls the Cornell methodology “misleading.”The Home-Birth Rebellion
February 7, 2014
There is thus a veritable progress, at least in the methodology of truth.The Mediaeval Mind (Volume II of II)
Henry Osborn Taylor
Let us then consider the consequences of this realistic conception of methodology.The Reform of Education
It is primarily concerned with the interpretation and validation of this methodology.Social Value
B. M. Anderson
The Russian language was made compulsory as of the seventh grade, and Soviet methodology was applied.Area Handbook for Albania
Eugene K. Keefe
The next two Partes contain a discussion of the methodology of note-taking and are not directly bibliographical in nature.A History of Bibliographies of Bibliographies
- the system of methods and principles used in a particular discipline
- the branch of philosophy concerned with the science of method and procedure