- resembling millet seeds.
- Pathology. accompanied by papules or vesicles resembling millet seeds: miliary fever.
Origin of miliary
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for miliary
The American-led miliary coalition denied the charges of abuse.Obama's Pentagon Covered Up War Crimes in Afghanistan, Says Amnesty International
Nico Hines, Sami Yousafzai
August 11, 2014
This young woman's lungs are full of miliary tubercles—little round bodies the size of a millet seed.The Faith Doctor
Nor are the cases of miliary tuberculosis, resulting from caseous degeneration of rachitical glands, very exceptional.
It may come from miliary aneurisms of the gastric arteries or from varicose veins in the wall of the stomach.
Miliary aneurisms have been found by Galliard and others as a cause of profuse and even fatal hemorrhage from the stomach.
Especially in obscure cases should careful search be made for miliary aneurisms.
- resembling or relating to millet seeds
- (of a disease or skin eruption) characterized by small lesions resembling millet seedsmiliary tuberculosis
C17: from Latin miliārius, from milium millet
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Having the appearance of grains derived from haylike millet grass.
- Characterized by the presence of small skin lesions that have the size and appearance of millet seeds.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.