- Sports. a failure to execute a play, stroke, or maneuver properly; an error.
- Informal. a mistake.
- Informal. to make a mistake.
- Theater. to fail to answer one's cue or to answer another's cue.
- to give the wrong cue to.
Origin of miscue1
- to make a miscue.
Origin of miscue2
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for miscued
- billiards a faulty stroke in which the cue tip slips off the cue ball or misses it altogether
- informal a blunder or mistake
- (intr) billiards to make a miscue
- (intr) theatre to fail to answer one's own cue or answer the cue of another
- radio to start (a record or tape) at the wrong point
- (intr) informal to blunder
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for miscued
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper