[mawr-uh-suh n, mor-]
- Herbert Stanley,1888–1965, English labor leader and statesman.
- Toni,born 1931, U.S. novelist: Nobel prize 1993.
- a male given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for morrison
Morrison handed her a “Yes” campaign leaflet printed in Polish.
She said someone had already given her the literature in her native language, but Morrison was confident.
In fact, I had to pass on a nice book deal, good front $$, for Unhinged because they wanted me to write more about Jim (Morrison).The Doors Never Sold Out to Crass Commercialism
September 27, 2013
Morrison performed the review at the request of the state Department of Developmental Services.California Police Ignored, Mishandled Sex Assaults Reported by Disabled
November 29, 2012
Morrison and members of the military community discuss why the numbers have gone up, and what can be done.Psychologist Marjorie Morrison Hosts a #VetChat on Military Suicide
October 18, 2012
"My God, it's Morrison," he said to himself, as he crept back to his companion.
"Here's Morrison coming down the street," he said, in a tone of excitement.
He made loud boasts that he would take Morrison dead or alive.
Morrison had been seen drinking at the hotel in Lake Megantic.
Mr. Mercier withdrew that expedition, and offered $3,000 reward for the capture of Morrison!
- Herbert Stanley, Baron Morrison of Lambeth. 1888–1965, British Labour statesman, Home Secretary and Minister for Home Security in Churchill's War Cabinet (1942–45)
- Jim, full name James Douglas Morrison. 1943–71, US rock singer and songwriter, lead vocalist with the Doors
- Toni, full name Chloe Anthony Morrison. born 1931, US novelist, whose works include Sula (1974), Song of Solomon (1977), Beloved (1987), Jazz (1992), and Paradise (1998): awarded the Nobel Prize for literature in 1993
- Van, full name George Ivan Morrison. born 1945, Northern Irish rock singer and songwriter. His albums include Astral Weeks (1968), Moondance (1970), Avalon Sunset (1989), and Days Like These (1995)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012