- of or relating to a multipara.
- producing more than one at a birth.
- Botany. (of a cyme) having many lateral axes.
Origin of multiparous
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (of certain species of mammal) producing many offspring at one birth
- of, relating to, or designating a multipara
C17: from New Latin multiparus
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for multi-parity
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Relating to a multipara.
- Giving birth to more than one offspring at a time.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.