Origin of axial
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for multiaxial
Multiaxial, mul-ti-ak′si-al, adj. having many axes or lines of growth.
- relating to, forming, or characteristic of an axis
- situated in, on, or along an axis
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for multiaxial
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Relating to or characterized by an axis; axile.
- Relating to or situated in the head and trunk region of the body.
- Relating to or parallel with the long axis of a tooth.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.