- the presence of parasitic fungi in or on any part of the body.
- the condition caused by the presence of such fungi.
Origin of mycosis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for mycosis
Mycosis tonsillaris is a synonym for mycotic tonsillitis (tonsillitis mycotica benigna or tonsillitis parasitica).
- any infection or disease caused by fungus
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for mycosis
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- A disease caused by fungi.
- A fungal infection in or on a part of the body.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.