- the sixth son of Jacob and Bilhah. Gen. 30:7,8.
- one of the 12 tribes of Israel, traditionally descended from Naphtali.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Jacob's sixth son, whose mother was Rachel's handmaid (Genesis 30:7–8)
- the tribe descended from him
- the territory of this tribe, between the Sea of Galilee and the mountains of central Galilee
Douay spelling: Nephtali
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012