- British Informal. donkey.
- Australian Slang. a horse.
Origin of neddy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for neddy
I did not tell you what happened to me when I was in the city, Neddy.
No, Neddy, I did not punish the child, replied the former gravely.
I am no conceited body; no newspaper Neddy; no pothouse witty person.The Romany Rye
For Neddy soon began to follow his friend about, and to imitate everything that he did.
We took off the saddle and bridle, and invited Neddy to enter.
- a child's word for a donkey
- informal a silly person; fool
- Australian informal a horse, esp a racehorsehe lost his money on the neddies
C18: from Ned, pet form of Edward
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012