- embroidery upon canvas, usually with uniform spacing of stitches in a pattern.
- done or executed in needlepoint: a needlepoint cushion.
- noting a lace (needlepoint lace) in which a needle works out the design upon parchment or paper.
- to execute or create in needlepoint: to needlepoint an evening bag; to needlepoint as a hobby.
Origin of needlepoint
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- embroidery done on canvas with the same stitch throughout so as to resemble tapestry
- another name for point lace
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for needle-pointer
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper