- confidently aggressive or self-assured; positive: aggressive; dogmatic: He is too assertive as a salesman.
- having a distinctive or pronounced taste or aroma.
Origin of assertive
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
1. forceful, decisive, forward.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- confident and direct in claiming one's rights or putting forward one's views
- given to making assertions or bold demands; dogmatic or aggressive
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for non-assertive
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper