[path-uh-loj-i-kuh l or path-uh-loj-ik]
- of or relating to pathology.
- caused by or involving disease; morbid.
- caused by or evidencing a mentally disturbed condition: a pathological hoarder.
- dealing with diseases: a pathological casebook.
Origin of pathological
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
less commonly pathologic
- of or relating to pathology
- relating to, involving, or caused by disease
- informal compulsively motivateda pathological liar
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for non-pathological
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Of or relating to pathology.
- Relating to or caused by disease.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.