- a person who is traveling, especially for pleasure.
- tourist class.
- in tourist-class accommodations, or by tourist-class conveyance: to travel tourist.
Origin of tourist
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for non-tourist
It was during the non-tourist season and Min—that's the little woman—was doing the spring cleaning.The Love of Frank Nineteen
David Carpenter Knight
- a person who travels for pleasure, usually sightseeing and staying in hotels
- (as modifier)tourist attractions
- a person on an excursion or sightseeing tour
- a person travelling abroad as a member of a sports team that is playing a series of usually international matches
- Also called: tourist class the lowest class of accommodation on a passenger ship
- of or relating to tourist accommodation
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for non-tourist
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper