- pertaining to or involving emotion or the emotions.
- subject to or easily affected by emotion: We are an emotional family, given to demonstrations of affection.
- appealing to the emotions: an emotional request for contributions.
- showing or revealing very strong emotions: an emotional scene in a play.
- actuated, effected, or determined by emotion rather than reason: An emotional decision is often a wrong decision.
- governed by emotion: He is in a highly emotional state of mind.
Origin of emotional
SynonymsSee more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
2. temperamental, effusive, demonstrative, sentimental.
2. undemonstrative, unsentimental, inexpressive.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for nonemotional
When we were together, we listened to lectures by experts or talked about safe, nonemotional, academic-type subjects.Send Bin Laden the Bill: Dakota Meyer on His Return From Afghanistan
September 29, 2012
- of, characteristic of, or expressive of emotion
- readily or excessively affected by emotion
- appealing to or arousing emotionan emotional piece of music
- caused, determined, or actuated by emotion rather than reasonan emotional argument
Word Origin and History for nonemotional
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper