- able to function or be used; functional: How soon will the new factory be operational?
- of, relating to, or involved in military operations.
- on active service or combat duty: All units of the command are operational.
- of or relating to operations or an operation.
Origin of operational
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- not in working order or ready to use
- of or relating to an operation or operations
- in working order and ready for use
- military capable of, needed in, or actually involved in operations
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for nonoperational
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper