- nanosecond; nanoseconds.
- Meteorology. nimbostratus.
- not sufficient (funds).
- Nova Scotia, Canada (approved for postal use).
- nuclear ship.
- the 14th letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- any spoken sound represented by the letter N or n, as in now, dinner, son, etc.
- something having the shape of an N.
- a written or printed representation of the letter N or n.
- a device, as a printer's type, for reproducing the letter N or n.
- not sufficient.
- not specified.
- New Style.
- Nova Scotia.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for ns
Africom had been assigned three two-letter ranges to choose from: JS through JZ, NS through NZ, and OA through OF.Why Is the Libya War Called Operation Odyssey Dawn?
March 22, 2011
NS: some can and some can't in some area is easier but it's generally difficult as they try to cut them alah o akbar still on.
NS: still as usual same system Me: Can anyone even watch CNN or BBC Persian or VOA?
NS: we do feel sad feeling kind of sad... Me: Is it all over?
NS: I assume he was shooting in the streets last night and that happened Me: What do you know about today?
Like the Latin participle in -ns, it was originally declined.A Handbook of the English Language
Robert Gordon Latham
She said, "There's a camp of our men out there, two hundred of them, and they will pay you'ns for pestering me!"
Ns he bedled re soan lufe, aa he bd Drihten for his eowan hle.
Ns seo eadige Maria na ofslegen ne gemartyrod lichomlice, ac gastlice.
Ns na se Hlend on a wisan gecostnod; foron e he ws of mdene acenned buton synne, and ns nan ing wyrlices on him.
- new series
- not specified
- New Style (method of reckoning dates)
- not sufficient or not satisfactory
- (esp in postal addresses) Nova Scotia
- nuclear ship
- non-smoker: used in lonely hearts columns and personal advertisements
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Abbreviation of newton
- The symbol for nitrogen.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.