Hence Captain Cook was received with honor approaching to adoration, as they imagined him to be their 'Orono.'
Located originally about a mile below Orono, was not platted as a village until 1865.
Orono was surveyed and platted May, 1855; Ard Godfrey, proprietor.
It was on these occasions that some of the inferior chiefs frequently requested to be permitted to make an offering to the Orono.
As a colt he had been the marvel of the county, from Orono to Hermon Centre.