- Physiology. the breaking down or absorption of osseous tissue.
- Surgery. the fracturing of a bone to correct deformity.
Origin of osteoclasis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- surgical fracture of a bone to correct deformity
- absorption of bone tissue
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- The process of dissolution and resorption of bony tissue.
- Surgical fracture of a bone performed to correct a deformity.diaclasis
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.