- a textile pattern having one checked design superimposed on another so that both are visible.
- a fabric having this pattern.
- a checkrein passing from the bit, over a horse's head, to the saddle of a harness.
Origin of overcheck
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for overcheck
Americans, especially, overcheck their deposits of vitality, and as bankrupts they struggle to transact daily duties.The Harris-Ingram Experiment
Charles E. Bolton
One woman, in a Persian lamb jacket, spoke on the evils of the overcheck; you know how they get that wool?The Master-Knot of Human Fate
- a thin leather strap attached to a horse's bit to keep its head up
- (in textiles)
- a checked pattern laid over another checked pattern
- a fabric patterned in such a way
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012