- of or relating to photography.
- used in, or produced by means of, photography: photographic equipment; the photographic coverage of a newspaper.
- suggestive of a photograph; extremely realistic and detailed: photographic accuracy.
- remembering, reproducing, or functioning with the precision of a photograph: a photographic memory.
Origin of photographic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for photographic
Throughout the rest of the room are similar examples of photographic inspiration.Revealing The Unseen Picasso
November 3, 2014
In one of my homicides, I had one wonderful witness, a legit Good Samaritan with 20-20 vision and photographic memory.The Myth of the Central Park Five
October 19, 2014
At least in the photographic darkroom, the first time you go in, the lights are on.What Does Your Shrink’s Decor Say About You?
September 22, 2014
Pistoletto uses life-size mirrors as a base on which he adds painted figures or photographic prints.10 Works to See at the Armory Show in New York City
March 6, 2014
Lots of photographs, photographic websites, or libraries in London.Meet the ‘Downton Abbey’ Costume Queen
January 8, 2014
They formed on the view exactly as an image develops on a photographic plate.The Forest
Stewart Edward White
No photographic fac-simile of the document, however, could be obtained.Washington's Masonic Correspondence
Julius F. Sachse
Once he took us to be photographed with him in some big English photographic studio.My Reminiscences
The photographic magnitudes are then unequivocally determined.Lectures on Stellar Statistics
Carl Vilhelm Ludvig Charlier
He had a photographic glimpse of one of his men emerging through a doorway.Morale
- of or relating to photographya photographic society; photographic materials
- like a photograph in accuracy or detail
- (of a person's memory) able to retain facts, appearances, etc, in precise detail, often after only a very short view of or exposure to them
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for photographic
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper