- a Philippine tree, Canarium ovatum, the edible seeds of which taste like a sweet almond.
- Also called pili nut. the seed of this tree.
Origin of pili1
- Biology. plural of pilus.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a burseraceous Philippine tree, Canarium ovatum, with edible seeds resembling almonds
- Also called: pili nut the seed of this tree
- bacteriol short curled hairlike processes on the surface of certain bacteria that are involved in conjugation and the attachment of the bacteria to other cells
C20: from Latin: hairs