- a list of the recordings to be played on the radio during a particular program or time period, often including their sequence, duration, etc.
- Digital Technology. an electronic file containing a list of audio or video files that can be played back on a media player sequentially or in random order: to create a playlist of your favorite songs.
Origin of playlist
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a list of records chosen for playing, as on a radio station
- a list of tracks to be played in a particular order on an MP3 player or CD player
- (tr) to put (a song or record) on a playlist
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for play-list
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper